the seventies: 1973
i now have a reason to start blogging all of the songs from the 70s (and then the 60s), all by next week. hopefully, it can be done. i mean, it will be done – people are counting on me!
so, right after yesterday’s 1972 comes today’s 1973. maybe tomorrow will be 1974, who knows?
- carly simon – you’re so vain
- stevie wonder – superstition
- elton john – crocodile rock
- roberta flack – killing me softly with his song (tops the charts again following “love train”)
- the o’jays – love train
- vicki lawrence – the night the lights went out in georgia
- dawn featuring tony orlando – tie a yellow ribbon round the ole oak tree
- stevie wonder – you are the sunshine of my life
- edgar winter group – frankenstein
- paul mccartney & wings – my love
- george harrison – give me love (give me peace on earth)
- billy preston – will it go round in circles
- jim croce – bad, bad leroy brown
- maureen mcgovern – the morning after
- diana ross – touch me in the morning
- stories – brother louie
- marvin gaye – let’s get it on (tops the charts again after “delta dawn”)
- helen reddy – delta dawn
- grand funk – we’re an american band
- cher – half-breed
- the rolling stones – angie
- gladys knight and the pips – midnight train to georgia
- eddie kendricks – keep on truckin’ (part 1)
- ringo starr – photograph
- carpenters – top of the world
- charlie rich – the most beautiful girl
- jim croce – time in a bottle (carries over to january 1974) (side note: this is the third time this song has been featured on my blog)
my current jam is on here, woohoo! and also, time in a bottle – one of the songs that really got me back into “oldies”. and i say “back into” because i used to listen to a lot of them in the car with my parents, but never actually paid much attention to them… i feel like i’ve said that before. i probably have, but it doesn’t hurt to mention it again, right?
that’s all for now.