the seventies: 1979
CONGRATULATIONS, WE MADE IT!
to the end of the decade, that is. much thanks for being patient with me, and after this, i shall return you back to the present.
- bee gees – too much heaven
- chic – le freak
- rod stewart – da ya think i’m sexy?
- gloria gaynor – i will survive (tops the charts again following “tragedy”)
- bee gees – tragedy
- the doobie brothers – what a fool believes
- amii stewart – knock on wood
- blondie – heart of glass
- peaches & herb – reunited
- donna summer – hot stuff (tops the charts again following “love you inside out”)
- bee gees – love you inside out
- anita ward – ring my bell
- donna summer – bad girls
- chic – good times
- the knack – my sharona
- robert john – sad eyes
- michael jackson – don’t stop ’til you get enough
- herb alpert – rise
- m – pop muzik
- eagles – heartache tonight
- commodores – still
- barbra streisand/donna summer – no more tears (enough is enough)
- styx – babe
- rupert holmes – escape (the pina colada song)
i had previously said that 1978 was the year for the bee gees. turns out i was wrong – 1979 is the year of the bee gees, with three songs topping the charts! wow! and of course, m-m-m-my sharona being the top track of the year. and, ending with the song made famous again by guardians of the galaxy, the pina colada song! what a year.
that’s all for now.